COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
(updated 27 November 2020)
NEW: COVID-SAfe Check-In
COVID-SAfe Check-in has been introduced to enable SA Health to quickly contact people that may have been exposed to the virus. Guests will be required to check-in by scanning the QR code at Cellar Doors / Restaurants etc on the day. Download the Free ‘mySA GOV app for easy check-in from Google Play or the App Store . Paper sign-in options are available if you do not have a smartphone.
What has changed?
Most Tours are now available for Private or Small Groups.
Cellar Doors and Restaurants have a reduced capacity, (due to social distancing) our itinerary may change as a result.
Cellar Doors must have guests seated for a wine tasting experiences now. This has added additional tasting fees, so pricing may change without notice.
Food Samples are not available at Chocolate or Cheese Factories.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
The Health and Safety of our staff and guests is our top priority. Guides have undertaken additional training on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. All vehicles are cleaned and disinfected to the highest standards after every tour and high Touch Points, such as Handrails and Door Handles will be regularly cleaned throughout the day. Hand Sanitiser is available, and we encourage guests to use it before entering the vehicle.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a face mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department.
To adhere to the Government requirements, we have some NEW Conditions of Travel documentation to complete, this information is only used as a contact tracing tool if required and will be destroyed 3 months after travel date.
Conditions of Travel
- We need to collect all guest names and a contact phone number or email.
- We need to collect your home city/state and Country
- We need to ask some basic health questions.
- If you are unwell or show any symptoms, you will not be permitted to travel.
- To adhere to social distancing in the vehicles, guests are to sit in every second row.
- Guests will be required to sit in the same seat in the vehicle for entire tour.
- Guests to use Hand Sanitiser prior to entering vehicle.
- Tours will be Private or Small Group
- Guests will be required to check-in to Cellar Doors / Restaurants etc using the mySA GOV.app to scan the QR code. Free to download from Google Play or the App Store
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and visiting Cellar Doors
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cover your nose & mouth with a tissue if you cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell or develop symptoms, avoid contact with others and isolate. Defer travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
- Venues prefer payments using EFTPOS instead of cash
- Travel during the week to avoid crowds.
- If you are feeling unwell, call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787