Clare Valley Explorer
$650.00 / per person
Minimum 2 people
Date: On Request
Time: 8.45am to 5.00pm
Product code: ATF08 CV Private Tour
Clare Valley is situated approximately 90 minutes north of Adelaide and is famous for its Riesling which is regarded as amongst the very best in the country, as well as red varieties such as Shiraz and Cabernet.
Enjoy beautiful countryside of sweeping gullies and rolling hills as you make your way to four Cellar Doors. Visit historic Sevenhill winery where wine making dates back to the 1850’s – the Jesuit priests harvested grapes for sacramental wine. Visit their historic stone cottages, cellars and churches situated in lush gardens.
Your gourmet lunch is a delicious 2 course meal at a picturesque winery, matched beautifully with a glass of wine.
- Personalised guided tour of Clare Valley in luxury vehicle
- All wine tasting fees at four Cellar Doors as per itinerary
- 2 course Restaurant Lunch at Skillogalee Winery with a glass of wine
- Opportunities to purchase ‘Cellar Door Only’ wines
- Courtesy Hotel pick-up from Adelaide city or Glenelg
- Itinerary can be altered to include your preferences (additional tasting fees may apply)
- 960jenniferThe Best Best Wine Tour we have had , and we had a lot. Danny was great fun to be with and was very knowledgeable of Adelaide... read moreBest Wine Tour we have had , and we had a lot. Danny was great fun to be with and was very knowledgeable of Adelaide and its Wine Region . If you are in Adelaide or as we were "Glenelg " you will be given a day to remember . The Cellars we visited were warm and welcoming , nothing was to much trouble . I would recommend The Adelaide"s Top Food and Wine Tours Company . Once again , thank you for a wonderful day. read less20/04/21
- Vacationer1966Wonderful Tour My wife and I from Singapore took this tour with a friendly couple from Cairns and our host Inez. It helped that it was really... read moreMy wife and I from Singapore took this tour with a friendly couple from Cairns and our host Inez. It helped that it was really a small group as my wife had some walking difficulty.05/04/19
We had a lovely time with Inez who was friendly, helpful and informative. Great fun wine tasting at Bird in Hand and Nepenthe vineyards (Mark, the host at Nepenthe was chatty and informative), and visiting the cheese and chocolate establishments. Although there was no pressure to purchase anything, we could not help it as the produce was good! Lovely views from Mount Lofty. Nice apple strudel at Handorf.
The van is very comfortable and clean, with a handy cooler just in case you purchase some stuff that requires keeping.
Inez is very flexible, speaks clearly and caters to your pace of walking. We would be happy to do another round with Inez and would recommend this tour. read lessninjasinpjs f.amazing great experience. good day and hahndorf was amazing. food everywhere and i love food. the driver, vincent, was great. very informative about the relevant history... read moregreat experience. good day and hahndorf was amazing. food everywhere and i love food. the driver, vincent, was great. very informative about the relevant history to where we were going. a ++++ tour read less09/12/22denisel60Excellent tour Fabulous food & wine tour thanks to Danny! The tour was so informative & enjoyable. We were able to choose the wineries we wish to... read moreFabulous food & wine tour thanks to Danny! The tour was so informative & enjoyable. We were able to choose the wineries we wish to visit plus were recommended amazing wineries. Our day was very memorable, trying some beautiful wines & food.24/04/19
Danny was the perfect host & highly recommend. read less
- peterrY6290HOWant to do a wine tour or SA experience? This is your team..... We signed up for this tour a few months ago when we decided to do the Australia Day weekend in Adelaide. When researching the "best... read moreWe signed up for this tour a few months ago when we decided to do the Australia Day weekend in Adelaide. When researching the "best options", these guys seemed to be right in the mix. Great variety of tours, reasonable prices....what's not to like?25/01/20
Making the booking was easy, and contacted them the day before the tour just to check what wineries we were stopping at- and they happily shared that information.
The bus and driver (Danny) showed up right on time. Danny was very informal but knowledgeable about the area we were going to, and their vehicle fleet very comfortable. We were initially quite surprised the tour ran as there was only 4 of us on the tour- however they said they'd rather have their tours operating regardless- which is great commitment, but also made for a great tour experience.
The choice of wineries was very nice - they were the smaller ones which again also made for a great experience. We had two younger Chinese ladies on the tour who were not as experienced in wine tours or consumption, so it was fun to help suggest to them ones to try. Unfortunately a lack of moderation kicked in around lunchtime and they were too ill to continue. While this may have put the rest of our day at risk, Danny and his team were great at not only insuring that our tour continued, but our ill colleagues were also taken care of and returned safely to Adelaide.
We truly had a personalised experience for the afternoon, and Danny was quite happy to take us to wherever we wanted (within reason of course) and then brought us back to Adelaide to be dropped off wherever we needed to get to.
I would highly recommend Adelaide's Top Food and Wine Tours for any excursion- I know our next visit to Adelaide and should it include a tour to Barossa or other, I'll definitely be giving these guys a ring. read lessdevOrganised and informative What a fabulous, stress free way to see Adelaide hills and Hahndorf. Danny, the owner and our tour guide, was a wealth of knowledge and... read moreWhat a fabulous, stress free way to see Adelaide hills and Hahndorf. Danny, the owner and our tour guide, was a wealth of knowledge and made for an informative and fun day. Hahndorf was just amazing and the meal was delicious. Would highly r read less01/01/70
- Deanna E.Personalised tour with Danny Me and my partner were the only 2 on the tour, so Danny offered to take us wherever we wanted to go. That said, we... read moreMe and my partner were the only 2 on the tour, so Danny offered to take us wherever we wanted to go. That said, we didn't really know what we wanted to do, so his recommendations were awesome. His knowledge of the area (being a local himself to the area) was also fantastic. We had a GREAT day! 😀 Thanks for looking after us Danny! read less26/10/19
- worldtourist21Back Again We were down from Brisbane and we had done this tour about 4 years ago. It was great then and it was still as... read moreWe were down from Brisbane and we had done this tour about 4 years ago. It was great then and it was still as good. There were 3 of us and we went to 4 amazing small wineries and the day was excellent. It so nice to do something years ago and then find out its still just as good. Will do another tour with them next time we are down. read less21/02/22janelleb655A must do in Adelaide You started with breakfast at Sisea, good food & great service. Cheryl was amazing as we work through the booking process. How to go on... read moreYou started with breakfast at Sisea, good food & great service. Cheryl was amazing as we work through the booking process. How to go on the day, was friendly, approachable, knowledgeable & enthusiastic abt the markets. We were given little tastings at different stalls. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and found it great value for money. Highly recommend! read less07/01/23Chameleon58Top Barossa Valley Tour We did a full day Barossa Valley tour from Adelaide with Danny C - wonderful from start to finish. Comfortable vehicle, flexible itinerary, great commentary,... read moreWe did a full day Barossa Valley tour from Adelaide with Danny C - wonderful from start to finish. Comfortable vehicle, flexible itinerary, great commentary, three good wineries, lovely lunch, cheese factory and a visit to Maggie Beer’s! A big day out but thoroughly enjoyed it. read less16/08/19
- Lorraine F.Fabulous - NOT to be missed The tour was fantastic from pick-up right outside our accommodation to being dropped back at the end of the day.16/11/19
Danny, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable,... read moreThe tour was fantastic from pick-up right outside our accommodation to being dropped back at the end of the day.
Danny, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable, not only about the wineries, but about Adelaide in general. Our small group was perfect and we all enjoyed the tastings, the banter and lunch. Lunch at Serafino Winery was superb. Can't recommend this tour enough. read less
- chrishQ4509SZWonderful Winery Tour in Mclaren Vale My partner and I had an absolutely wonderful day out in Mclaren Vale with Danny and the small group that we were a part of.... read moreMy partner and I had an absolutely wonderful day out in Mclaren Vale with Danny and the small group that we were a part of. We visited four stunning wineries and had a lovely charcuterie board comprised of delicious local produce for lunch. Danny made sure to cater for my partner who is celiac which was very much appreciated. Danny is an absolute character and we had many laughs throughout the day in addition to being taught many interesting facts about the Vale which was testamemt to Danny's involvement within the local community. It was trully a great day and would recommend you book a tour with Danny and his team if you are looking for an awesome experience in Adelaide and surrounds. Thanks again and we can't wait to explore the rest of SA with your team in the future. read less07/01/22C6152HXrebeccalA day in the Barossa with Adelaide’s top food and wine tours! We(me and my partner) did a private day tour of 4 famous wineries in the Barossa, with lunch and a few little extras. It was... read moreWe(me and my partner) did a private day tour of 4 famous wineries in the Barossa, with lunch and a few little extras. It was an amazing day, Innes was knowledgeable, friendly, professional and a fantastic tour guide. It was an absolute awesome experience for our first time wine touring and visiting the Barossa. We had plenty of time to enjoy each stop and had a wonderful lunch halfway to refuel before more tasting. Highly recommend a tour with these guys value for money and a memorable experience. read less14/11/21Judy L.Good experience Was picked up from the hotel at 9:30am and taken to a selection of 3 wineries across McLaren Vale and was given the opportunity to... read moreWas picked up from the hotel at 9:30am and taken to a selection of 3 wineries across McLaren Vale and was given the opportunity to see more wineries of our choice after lunch. Danny, our tour guide and driver gave us information about the region during the drive. We were told that the wineries that they pick change daily out of a selection of 20.15/11/19
1. Fox Creek
2. Hugh Hamilton
4. Wirra Wirra (guests choice)
5. The cube (guest's choice)
Very good wine, very good service, very tipsy, until we had lunch at serafino (3rd winery).
Was part of a group of six (excluding tour guide) and the other "winos" were super lovely to hang with/sample wine with.
Had a great time. Good experience read less
- Richard L.McLaren Vale Winery Small Group Tour The tour was excellent with Danny sharing his knowledge of the wineries, wines, and seafood restaurants in the region.19/07/19
Of the 4 wineries we visited, Fox... read moreThe tour was excellent with Danny sharing his knowledge of the wineries, wines, and seafood restaurants in the region.
Of the 4 wineries we visited, Fox Creek and Leconfield wineries had a superior list of wines on their tasting lists
We appreciated very much the complimentary serving of cheese and cracker from Danny.
We were delighted that the two wineries mentioned had a spakling red.This is not meant to downgrade the excellent riesling, shiraz and cabernet sauvignon that were on the tasting list.
The reds on the tasting list would be given high ratings by guests.
It is just that we do not find sparkling shiraz or cabernet sauvignon in Singapore, where we come from.
It was like Christmas had come early in July this year.
The wine tasting and lunch at Leconfield was very nice. We enjoyed the pate and the cheeses that went well with our glass of wine.
Thanks to Danny for sharing with us a good place for seafood at dinner time.
We took up his recommendation on the seafood restaurants at Glenelg Pier.
We thoroughly enjoyed the oysters and seafood platter.
The tour with Danny (Topfoodandwinetours) was a delightful experience
Topfoodandwinetours was the only company that asked for the Hotel that guests can be picked up, in its online booking process.
The pick-up time at the named hotel is confirmed in the tour ticket.
This makes it very convenient for guests. read lessMatt S.A Great Day Out in McLaren Vale We thought this select tour was a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday in SA. The small wineries we visited gave us the opportunity... read moreWe thought this select tour was a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday in SA. The small wineries we visited gave us the opportunity to be up close and personal with people who are very passionate (and knowledgeable) about their products and we were given plenty of time to work through the numerous wine tastings along the way, given our small group, just the two of us and one other couple. We particularly loved Shingleback and the views from the Hugh Hamilton tasting room were stunning. Innez' commentary throughout the day was very informative without being "information overload".30/05/22
We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone wanting to visit McLaren Vale. read less