Uniquely McLaren Vale – Private Tour
Relax as we drive along the coast to the Fleurieu Peninsula enjoying stunning vistas overlooking Gulf St Vincent’s pristine beaches.
Only 45 minutes south of Adelaide, McLaren Vale is home to over 80 Cellar Doors well known for Shiraz, Grenache and Cabernet, however Mediterranean varieties such as Fiano and Sangiovese are also grown in the region.
We commence our wine tasting journey today at Oliver Taranga’s Relax in their purpose-built tasting room surrounded by panoramic views of immaculate vineyards.
Kays Bros is the oldest winery in McLaren Vale, still in founding family hands. Enjoy the Reserve tasting which showcases the richness & intensity of small-batch winemaking, including the Block 6 Shiraz.
Lunch is at the award-winning d’Arry’s Verandah Restaurant, in the original d’Arenberg homestead. Choose two courses from their extraordinary seasonal menu, matched beautifully with a glass of wine.
Marvel at the d’Arenberg Cube, take a self-guided tour of the Alternate Realities Museum and contemporary art gallery. Enjoy beautiful McLaren Vale wines in the tasting room, located on the 5th floor whilst enjoying the panoramic views over McLaren Vale, the Willunga Hills and Gulf St Vincent.
Reflect on a perfect day, as we amble our way back to your Accommodation.
Itinerary venues subject to availability at time of booking.
Itinerary can be altered to include your preferences (additional fees may apply)
- Personalised guided tour of McLaren Vale in luxury vehicle
- All wine tasting fees at three Cellar Doors as per itinerary
- 2 course lunch at d’Arry’s Verandah Restaurant with a glass of wine
- Entry & wine tasting fee to d’Arenberg Cube
- Opportunities to purchase ‘Cellar Door Only’ wines
- Courtesy Hotel pick-up from Adelaide city or Glenelg
- Itinerary can be altered to include your preferences (additional tasting fees may apply)
Departs: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm